Medicaid Benefits for Green Card Holders

Asked over 1 year ago - Leesburg, FL

My dad received his green card and just moved to Florida. I am trying to understand all the medicaid benefits he may be eligible for before his medicare kicks in 5 years from now. He is 68 years old. We currently have a pretty decent but expensive private insurance but we want to take advantage of cheaper state sponsored benefits. Ay advise or referrals to local medicaid attorneys would be appreciated.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . To qualify for Medicaid, dad needs to have worked and contributed to the system in the US for at least 40 quarters,I.e. 10 years.

2. Linda Yin Liang

2

Answered . Green card grant you privilege to live in US permanently if following certain rules but it does not automatically grant you any other government benefits. All other rules and laws must be followed.

3. Kristina A. Gasson

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague. It depends how long he has worked in the United States as to whether he is eligible for Medicaid.