Mediation-divorce. What to do next?

Tampa, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

Instead of judge to sign the divorce yesterday, she is sending us to mediation.My soon to be ex has mentioned that I didn`t left him his computer and very few other stuff. He got arrested due to domestic violence and that is how our marriage ended.Now, I am concerned what may happen on the mediation and why judge mentioned trial?We don`t have kids,no property. Nothing. Not wealthy either. He did very bad things nor were providing as husband should.I had to move as he got restrain order, so computer and only a few his stuff I took with me. I left him his clothes.I didn`t even keep the furniture.He gave me a lot of pain and I want him out of my life. I don`t want any trial. Is it possible to end this marriage just after the mediation?He is on probation. We are in Florida. Thank you.

Mediation is required i every case prior to setting the case for trial.

You can get your case heard fairly quickly if you reach an agreement at mediation.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Divorce