Mechanic has had my vehicle for 7 months and refuses to answer my phone calls. Can I sue?

Buford, GA |

I bought a prelude from a guy in Georgia that had no motor or tranny. I already had a mechanic but decided to go with the guy that sold me the car being that he said he owned a shop and had a great honda mechanic. I figured i would be killing to birds with one stone. I asked them what parts i needed aside from the motor and tranny. The mechanic gave me a list and has been sketchy with phone calls. When he calls me back he asks for more parts. I get him the parts and he has given me 3 completion dates that all havent been met. He has been paid completely, has all parts, but he wont rturn my phone calls. I dont have an invoice, but i do have chase records of all payments, text conversations and call records. I paid 6 months insurance for nothing. He's an hour away. What can I do?

Can you sue? "Yes" Should you sue? "Yes" However, before you file suit you should send a written demand, provide a specific deadline for complying, and state that you will file suit if the deadline is missed.

I hope you find this information helpful.

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Isn't that a 93A letter with 30 days... and if not response up 3x the damages????

He's an hour away?
You're the one who traveled there to buy it.
Now you have to travel back to the local court
where you purchased it and SUE him:
----Cost of car, Insurance monies you paid for,
lost wages because of no car and car rental
monies you paid for. You might not get all of
the above but see what the judge determines.

NEXT TIME BUY A CAR FROM SOMEONE NEAR YOU!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.