Me and my wife went to an interview for greencard, we saw so many couples that the officer was seperating them

Asked over 1 year ago - Bloomington, MN

When it get to our turn we were called in seperatly but my wife was called in first and then i was called in next for different question at the end of the interview with the officer, i was given a letter and the first paragraph box was check and i was told that they will need to review my case and they will get back to me in the mail if they need anythings from me or final decision has been made. The officer ask me for my passport and my I-94 card and look at it, but he didnt take it from me. I will need someone to answer my question and let me know. wats going on with result of my interview because the immigration officer never told me that my I-485 was approved

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

4

Answered . There is no way to determine whether you have a possible problem or whether this was typical procedure. You will have to be patient and wait for the result. If you receive an Intent to Deny you will have a short period of time to respond. I suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney to assist you with the response.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

4

Answered . It seems that the Service may need to do further review. Even in situations where the marriage was clearly entered into in good faith, the officers may not say anything other than "We'll send the decision in the mail." Give them time to do what they need to do. At the same time, seeking help from an immmigratoin lawyer would be your best move if the adjudication time is getting longer.

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . Since you are trying to do this yourself without an attorney, the result will be more likely to not be positive. Obviously something in your application caused them to become suspicious, an experienced attorney would have most likely observed this and save you a lot of stress, time, and money.

4. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . It would be best to hire a lawyer, provide the lawyer with a copy of everything you submitted to USCIS and the letter you were given that day. Only then can an accurate response be given and you'll be able to ask additional follow up questions.