Me and my wife went for a green card interview to Atlanta, officer took the I 94 card but no decision what am I expecting?

Mobile, AL |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

The officer was extremely rude he made my wife cry when interviewing, interview was about 45 minutes long, some questions he asked didn't even make sense. He gave us really hard hard time in that office, however he kept my I94 card and told us he will review our interview and give us a call or type a letter if he needs anything before he approve the application. I wonder what is he going to do now and how long is it going to take.

It all depends if the officer thought this is a real marriage entered into in good faith or a bogus one of convenience to get a green card. Only you know the answer to that one.

It is normal for the officer to take the I-94 card, since once your green card is issued, you will no longer need it. I wonder if he also took your work permit and AP card as well or not. For if he did, that would have been the clearest sign your green card was approved.

You will now need to be patient. USCIS gives itself up to 90 days after an interview to issue a decision on a case. You can schedule an InfoPass appointment after 30, days, call the nationwide 800 number, contact your congressperson., senator, etc. nothing will help. JSCIS will issue the decision when they'll feel like it. Again, you need to be patient.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

He didn't take my EAD CARD but he did make copy of everything i had i believe, i.e. my EAD, passport, visa and birth certificates of me and my wife.

He is going to review the file and your answers. If he needs more information he will request it. If not, he will issue a decision. Sorry that your wife had to endure his rude behavior.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

If rules in your wifes favor take her out to dinner, if not then write a complaint letter documenting what he did to his superior.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Don't worry too much about it. They are required to take the I-94 card from you.

You will get a decision by mail or a request for additional docs. How fast the case is done depends if the person who interviewed you is able to approve you or if they need a supervisor to sign off. You might get an approval very quickly, and it might take forever; that's how the Atlanta office works.