ME AND MY WIFE have B1/B2 , I need SSN AND CAN MY SISTER APPLY FOR MY I-130 WHILE I AM IN USA ,AS SHE HAS GREEN CARD .

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Respected Sir,

Hope my this email finds you in best of your health. Ameen, Please help me to find the answer of my emerging question as I have been travelling to USA on B1/B2 Visa from Pakistan. My sister is in USA ans she has Green Card and her husband has Passport of USA. Can you please inform me that Is it possible for my sister to file on my behalf my I-130 Immigration while I am in USA with my wife. Or can you please explain me the procedure for the above request , please i need your help in this regard as I like USA very much and want to pass rest of my life with my loving wife there. Please reply me soon. I will appriciate your assistance in this regard. Hope to have your kindest and informative reply soon. I want to proceed my case myself as the Lawyers are demanding much amount.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . You may continue to need SSN but you are not eligible for it and will not get it. Yes, your sister may seek I-130 for you if she is a USC but that application will not bring tangible benefits for you in the next 14 years or so, which time you would either need to stay out of the USA or maintain a valid nonimmigrant status in the USA as her filing I-130 for you DOES NOT, in and of itself, give you a right to stay here.

2. Eliza Grinberg

5

Answered . Visitor's visas do not make you eligible for social security. Your sister can file for you regardless of whether you are in the USA or not. She needs to be a US citizen to do that.

3. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Answered . Visitor visas are for visiting. They are not supposed to be used as a stopping point on the way to permanent residence.

Besides, my colleagues are correct - only US citizen sisters/brother can petition for their siblings, but the mere petition would not give you the right to live and work in the US legally.

As far as lawyers "demanding much amount," I'm sure you get paid for your work just like we expect to be.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

3

Answered . Once your sister becomes a US citizen she can file an I-130 for you. But you will have to wait at least 12 years to be eligible for a green card.