Skip to main content


Houston, TX |

Respected Sir,

Hope my this email finds you in best of your health. Ameen, Please help me to find the answer of my emerging question as I have been travelling to USA on B1/B2 Visa from Pakistan. My sister is in USA ans she has Green Card and her husband has Passport of USA. Can you please inform me that Is it possible for my sister to file on my behalf my I-130 Immigration while I am in USA with my wife. Or can you please explain me the procedure for the above request , please i need your help in this regard as I like USA very much and want to pass rest of my life with my loving wife there. Please reply me soon. I will appriciate your assistance in this regard. Hope to have your kindest and informative reply soon. I want to proceed my case myself as the Lawyers are demanding much amount.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You may continue to need SSN but you are not eligible for it and will not get it. Yes, your sister may seek I-130 for you if she is a USC but that application will not bring tangible benefits for you in the next 14 years or so, which time you would either need to stay out of the USA or maintain a valid nonimmigrant status in the USA as her filing I-130 for you DOES NOT, in and of itself, give you a right to stay here.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Visitor's visas do not make you eligible for social security. Your sister can file for you regardless of whether you are in the USA or not. She needs to be a US citizen to do that.

  3. Once your sister becomes a US citizen she can file an I-130 for you. But you will have to wait at least 12 years to be eligible for a green card.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Visitor visas are for visiting. They are not supposed to be used as a stopping point on the way to permanent residence.

    Besides, my colleagues are correct - only US citizen sisters/brother can petition for their siblings, but the mere petition would not give you the right to live and work in the US legally.

    As far as lawyers "demanding much amount," I'm sure you get paid for your work just like we expect to be.

    We offer consultations via in-person, telephone, Skype, and email. Contact us today! 713.335.5505 *** *** The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics