Me and my husband court ordred him to a mental health placement he is 28 and he just went to a facility he was there for a day

and a half he said he was treated bad by the other residents and the staff didnt pay attention to him so he was admitted to the hospital for anxiousness what options do we have since were the gaurdians

Iowa City, IA -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (2)

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Health Care Lawyer - Hillsdale, MI

You do not state the injuries your ward suffered, but it seems unlikely that your ward will sue you for commiting him to an unpleasant facility.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I... more
Norman Antonio Stiteler

Norman Antonio Stiteler

Health Care Lawyer - Corrales, NM

I wonder if you might answer a few questions.

First, here is what I understand, you are the guardian to someone and then you placed them in a mental health facility, now this individual is out after a day and a half.

When you say 'court ordered' do you mean that you went to court and had the court issue an order for this man to be placed in the facility?

Did you have an attorney? Did he have an attorney? When you say you are his guardians, how was this guardianship established?

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.