Me and my husband court ordred him to a mental health placement he is 28 and he just went to a facility he was there for a day

Iowa City, IA |
Filed under: Divorce

and a half he said he was treated bad by the other residents and the staff didnt pay attention to him so he was admitted to the hospital for anxiousness what options do we have since were the gaurdians

You do not state the injuries your ward suffered, but it seems unlikely that your ward will sue you for commiting him to an unpleasant facility.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

I wonder if you might answer a few questions.

First, here is what I understand, you are the guardian to someone and then you placed them in a mental health facility, now this individual is out after a day and a half.

When you say 'court ordered' do you mean that you went to court and had the court issue an order for this man to be placed in the facility?

Did you have an attorney? Did he have an attorney? When you say you are his guardians, how was this guardianship established?

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.