Me and my husband court ordred him to a mental health placement he is 28 and he just went to a facility he was there for a day

Asked over 1 year ago - Iowa City, IA

and a half he said he was treated bad by the other residents and the staff didnt pay attention to him so he was admitted to the hospital for anxiousness what options do we have since were the gaurdians

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . You do not state the injuries your ward suffered, but it seems unlikely that your ward will sue you for commiting him to an unpleasant facility.

2. Norman Antonio Stiteler

1

Answered . I wonder if you might answer a few questions.

First, here is what I understand, you are the guardian to someone and then you placed them in a mental health facility, now this individual is out after a day and a half.

When you say 'court ordered' do you mean that you went to court and had the court issue an order for this man to be placed in the facility?

Did you have an attorney? Did he have an attorney? When you say you are his guardians, how was this guardianship established?