Me and my Husband are preparing the paperwork for Immigration. How I should sign the forms?

Me and my Husband are preparing the paperwork for Immigration. We filled the forms with my married last name but we are not sure about how I should sign the forms..... on my married certificate the court said that I should write my new name as married where I supposed to put my signature (we did it). a. Do I should sign like in my passport as single ?, or b. Do I should sign with my married name? (new signature), or c. Do I should write my name with my married last name like in my marriage certificated?

Montague, MI -

Find Out More

Mani Khavajian

Mani Khavajian

Immigration Attorney - Dearborn, MI

Sign it using your current married signature.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

With whatever is your current signature.

Herman Singh Dhade

Herman Singh Dhade

Immigration Attorney - West Bloomfield, MI

There are some facts missing, such as which forms you are trying to complete. It is also unclear whether you are the petitioner (sponsor) or beneficiary. With that being said, whatever name and signature that you will be using, feel free to use that. The immigration officer is well aware that people's names and signatures may change after marriage so you "should" not have a problem. I say "should", because there may be other issues in your file which I am not aware of. So if there is any uncertainty, it is best to contact an attorney to assist you.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Current married name .... for everything.

Get your passport amended.

___________________________________________________________
Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE