Me and my girl friend put a pfa on each other . we want to drop them and go to counseling

Asked about 1 year ago - Butler, PA

we have reconciled and wanting to start counseling

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Marshall D. Chriswell

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You and your girlfriend should show up on the day of the hearing and let the judge or his/her clerk know that you both want to dismiss the PFA's. The judge may still bring you into the courtroom and ask you both questions about why you want the PFAs dismissed and if you both feel safe enough to do so.

    Please remember to mark this answer as “Helpful” or “Best Answer” if appropriate. Thank you.


    Marshall Chriswell

    Law Offices of Marshall D. Chriswell
    714 Philadelphia St., Suite 200
    Indiana, PA 15701
    (888) 438-5977
    (724) 465-5826


    Marshall D. Chriswell is a civil practitioner with offices in Indiana and Clearfield Counties. Mr. Chriswell's practice emphasizes Wills & Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, and general civil disputes.


    Mr. Chriswell provides free initial consultations, and will gladly meet clients in their homes upon request, including on the evenings or weekends.

    This communication does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you... more
  2. Joseph Patrick Lesniak


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Also remember these are still active orders by the court until they are formally dismissed by the Court. Therefore, I highly recommend complying with the order or risk the possibility of being charge with an indirect criminal contempt.

  3. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If a permanant order has not been entered, you should both appear on the hearing date and late the court know of your intentions. If this does not work, you should hire an attorney to have the matter resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,606 answers this week

2,849 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,606 answers this week

2,849 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary