Me and my ex been seperated since sept 2011 but i came back the ending of april 2012, does he owed me back child support

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

my ex filed the divorced on me dec 2011 but then it was dismiss because he promised to do something or give me money for child and then i went back 2012 of april, he hasn't done anything, we went back to court july 2012 and he was order to pay 450 a month, does he still owed for back support since i been seperated til i went back in april

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . I'm not sure of the facts. It seems you are saying you separated at some time, A divorce was filed in Dec of 2011 which was dismissed. In July of 2012 an order was entered (don't know if it was temporary or final, part of the divorce of a new case). When you say you went back, does that mean you are living with him again? It is difficult to answer the question, not knowing the facts. In general, if there is an open case, with an Order to pay, he owes regardless of whether you are living together or not. He would have to go to Court to get credit for the time you lived together. If there is no open case, and the Court order is not a final order, then you probably can't collected if you are living with him now. If you have separated again, then you should be able to collected for any time you were apart that he did not support the child. I hope this helps.

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,118 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,118 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering