Me and my daughter fell in a private parking lot in miami and i broke my elbow a hair line crack my daughter got her wrist hurt.

There was no wet sign board, we slipped and fell on oil. Is there a possibility for me to sue on parking lot management?

Miami, FL -

John Michael Phillips

John Michael Phillips

Personal Injury Lawyer - Jacksonville, FL

I agree with my colleagues. I will add that it's also a matter of associating the condition with negligence of the owner or showing the knew or should have known about it essentially. For instance, it a car had just leaked oil in their parking lot, there may be no responsibility on the land owner or tenant. It just depends. More information is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

Sponsored Listing
David Alan Wolf

David Alan Wolf

You certainly have a basis to have a Florida Personal Injury attorney review the facts of the case to determine the viability of a legal case or claim. Slip and fall accidents in parking lots and other locations can be quite challenging. You must be able to prove that the owner of the parking lot knew or should have known about a dangerous condition. You further must prove that the condition was in fact dangerous and not an open and obvious condition to visitors. Consult with an attorney before you take any further action on this matter.

Ian Matthew Thomas

Ian Matthew Thomas

Personal Injury Lawyer - Seminole, FL

Contact an attorney immediately to discuss your legal rights in connection with you and your daughter's slip and fall in the parking lot. In addition to the answers already provided, please know that Florida operates under a pure comparative fault system - meaning that some portion of the fault may be attributed to you and/or your daughter depneding on your actions and the open and obvious nature of the oil in the parking lot. However, even if the oil was open and obvious, the parking lot owner/management still owed a duty of care to you and your daughter to maintain the parking lot in a reasonably safe condition.

Again, seek out an attorney to answer all of your questions as you and your daughter need to focus on treating your injuries and getting better.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Yes. The sooner you speak with local and qualified personal injury trial attorneys the better. I wish you and your daughter a speedy recovery.

Keith Patrick Ligori

Keith Patrick Ligori

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tampa, FL

It will be tough if you slipped in the oil left by a car in the parking lot spot, because that is an open and obvious dangerous condition. You need to talk to a lawyer to discuss the situation further.

The Law Offices of Keith Ligori
Free Consultations
813-254-7119
info@keithligorilaw.com