Me and my daughter fell in a private parking lot in miami and i broke my elbow a hair line crack my daughter got her wrist hurt.

Miami, FL |

There was no wet sign board, we slipped and fell on oil. Is there a possibility for me to sue on parking lot management?

1. You certainly have a basis to have a Florida Personal Injury attorney review the facts of the case to determine the viability of a legal case or claim. Slip and fall accidents in parking lots and other locations can be quite challenging. You must be able to prove that the owner of the parking lot knew or should have known about a dangerous condition. You further must prove that the condition was in fact dangerous and not an open and obvious condition to visitors. Consult with an attorney before you take any further action on this matter.

2. Yes. The sooner you speak with local and qualified personal injury trial attorneys the better. I wish you and your daughter a speedy recovery.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. I agree with my colleagues. I will add that it's also a matter of associating the condition with negligence of the owner or showing the knew or should have known about it essentially. For instance, it a car had just leaked oil in their parking lot, there may be no responsibility on the land owner or tenant. It just depends. More information is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook- www.facebook.com/knowthelawyer, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at www.knowthelawyer.com.

4. It will be tough if you slipped in the oil left by a car in the parking lot spot, because that is an open and obvious dangerous condition. You need to talk to a lawyer to discuss the situation further.

The Law Offices of Keith Ligori
    Free Consultations
    813-254-7119
    info@keithligorilaw.com

Legal Disclaimer: Keith Ligori is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Ligori strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. To learn more about The Law Offices of Keith Ligori, please call our firm toll free at 888.254.7119 or visit www.keithligorilaw.com

5. Contact an attorney immediately to discuss your legal rights in connection with you and your daughter's slip and fall in the parking lot. In addition to the answers already provided, please know that Florida operates under a pure comparative fault system - meaning that some portion of the fault may be attributed to you and/or your daughter depneding on your actions and the open and obvious nature of the oil in the parking lot. However, even if the oil was open and obvious, the parking lot owner/management still owed a duty of care to you and your daughter to maintain the parking lot in a reasonably safe condition.

Again, seek out an attorney to answer all of your questions as you and your daughter need to focus on treating your injuries and getting better.

Ian M. Thomas, Esq. - Perenich Caulfield Avril & Noyes, P.A. - www.usalaw.com The above answer should not be construed to constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This information is intended as educational only and you should seek a qualified and experienced lawyer with questions about your legal rights. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask for free written information about the lawyer's or law firm's qualifications and experience.