Me and my boyfriend were getting in an argument and he punched a.plastic dresser we have and my daughter was standing next to it

Asked about 1 year ago - Duncanville, TX

So I thought he hit her and it made me angry and I hit him and he called the cops on me for domestic abuse if he tries.to drop the charges will I still be in trouble

Pro

11

Answered . In domestic violence cases, it is up to the authorities, not you.

2. Michael R Crosner

9

Answered . Consult with a local TX criminal attorney - most give free consultations. It is the state via the prosecutor who brings case & they so not need your consent to proceed even if you want the charges dropped. Depending on the injury to the victim; & past history of violence etc. a good criminal attorney might be able to speak to the prosecutor about alternative dispositions of the charges.

3. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

8

Answered . The State of Texas files the charges and decides when to drop same not the victim or witnesses but often times in this scenario they do not pursue them. Consult an attorney just in case.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Robert Shannon Carpenter

Pro

7

Answered . In a criminal case it is up to the state prosecutor as to whether or not pursue charges not the victim.