Skip to main content

Me and my baby's father has joint custody but in the papers she's pose to live with him and I pose to pay child's support

Houston, TX |

About two years ago my daughters father got custody of our daughter well right when he got custody he dropped her off with me and hasn't tried seeing her with in two years what do I do to get help and to get my custody back

Attorney Answers 1


You live in Houston. There are plenty of excellent attorneys on this website that can help you get legal custody. You just need to look around and find one. Many offer a free consultation. Many offer payment plans. You need to take your current custody papers to an attorney to review. Since you have had actual custody of the child for 2 years, it should not be too difficult for you to get the paperwork revised. I assume that Dad will cooperate. Even if he refuses, to sign the paperwork, the judge should agree to the modification. However, it is cheaper and faster if Dad will cooperate.

Good luck.

Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific problem.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics