Me and husband is divorceing, need to move back to florida husband is staying in indiana. can I take my 17 year old with me .?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Evansville, IN

DIVORCE WILL BE FINAL THE 26 OF SEPT. WE DID THE QUICK DIVORCE THERE WHERE NO DESPUIT, MY MOM JUST GOT SICK AND SIS NEED MY HELP WITH HER, DOCTORS SAY SHE CAN NOT BE ALONG,

1. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . If the divorce is done with no dispute, i.e. you came to an agreement on everything, then it seems to me that you would be able to negotiate for visitation with an out-of-state move. The only way you wouldn't be able to take your child with you is if your soon-to-be ex husband challenges the move. I would recommend that you inform your husband of the need to move and negotiate an agreement of visitation and how this may effect your child support arrangement.

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

Answered . You need to include the move in the agreement. Otherwise, you will have to file a notice pursuant to the Relocation Statute.