Me (28)from Bangladesh. my father gone by employee visa to USA & if he trying visa for me then it which category visa will be?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tahoka, TX

I am form Bangladesh. my age is 28. that is why i was unable to go with my younger brother already gone with them.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Family-based 2B preference category.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Kristina A. Gasson

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . It will depend on whether you are married or not. If you are unmarried, he can petition for you to come in category F2B if he first becomes a permanent resident. Unfortunately, if you are married, he can only petition for you to come to the U.S. if he becomes a U.S. citizen first in category F3. In both instances, there is a significant wait in order for a visa to become available. Check with the Visa Bulletin, linked below to see current wait times. You should consult with an attorney who can advise you of any options for other visas that you might be eligible for. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement... more
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I agree with Mr Shusterman

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,757 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,757 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering