Me & my grandmother was in a car accident two years ago how much longer will it take to recieve the settlement

he informed us that he has filed a claim & that the 2 year deadline is up, he also said that the insurance company we are dealing with are very hard to deal with,

Atlanta, GA -

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman

Personal Injury Lawyer - East Point, GA

Your post is unclear. is "He" a lawyer? By "filed a claim" do you mean there is a lawsuit?

If your accident was over 2 years ago and a lawsuit has been filed, the answer as to how long is something only your lawyer will know.

If you accident was over 2 years and no suit was filed, you get zero and the insurer stops negotiating. If that is the case you need to see a lawyer about suing your lawyer.

Folks like Allstate, State Farm and Safeway (to name three of the stingiest and most difficult insurers) are often very litigious and difficult to deal with. Even the better insurers tend to resist paying when they can. So some suits drag on a long time. If your lawyer has filed suit and has been responsive to you, that's good news.

Sponsored Listing
Sidney Weinstein

Sidney Weinstein

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

If a lawsuit was filed and is still proceeding, it may be more time before you receive money. You need to sit down with your attorney to get a full explanation of where the case stands at this time.

Sam Louis Levine

Sam Louis Levine

The answers that the other lawyers provided to your question are very good. I do not have much to add other than you need to try to get an appointment scheduled to meet with your lawyer right away so as to avoid a statute of limitations issue, which in Georgia, is two (2) years from the date of the accident. However, there may be other circumstances which I am/we are not aware of which may extend the statute. Either way, you need to act quickly.

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Personal Injury Lawyer - Centennial, CO

Talk to your attorneya bout this issue. If a lawsuit has been filed, a resolution should be reached in the next 12 months -- either through trial or simply a negotiated settlement.

Good luck!

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I think only your attorney can answer your question. Call him.
Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.