Me & my boyfriend each recieved an assault by contact family member, plead not guilty. Can we get this dropped by ourselves

Watauga, TX |

Neither one of us ever said we were physically fighting. I called the police said we were arguing verbally. It is in municple city court not county.

I am sorry that you are going through this, most likely if neither of you testifes against the other it may be dismissed, however that is up to the local district attorney the police and the courts, be carereful. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

You can get it dropped by yourselves, but you'd have a better chance with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Austin Family Violence Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

You may be able to get it dismissed but it is more likely if you have lawyers representing you. You both have a right to take the 5th, and it is likely without the testimony of each of you, neither case will proceed forward.

Cynthia Henley