MBA and H-1 advanced degree quota

Newark, DE |

I am pursuing my MBA from US.
Am I eligible to apply for H-1 using the advanced quota cap in April 2014 ?

Also is MBA considered as a STEM Category ?

1. 1. It depends on whether or not the job normally requires a masters.

2. No

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. That depends on whether the job offered will be one that will require a Masters degree.

No.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Agreed with both colleagues above!!

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

5. I agree with my colleagues that the degree requirement of the position will determine whether you will be in the advanced quota cap.

If H-1B VIsa Reform is implemented, the additional visas will be limited to STEM positions (and MBA is not a STEM position). The good news is that you there will be much more H-1Bs availabe if this is implemented.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.