MBA

Newark, DE |

I have pursued my MBA from University of Delaware. If I receive a job offer which requires Masters , Can i apply for advanced degree H-1 quota ?

Does advanced quota and STEM mean same ?

I am planning for April 2014. If I have done MBA, can i apply for advanced degree quota ?

1. The H1B masters cap has been reached. You can apply again on April 1 2014. Stem is the name provided to degrees in science technology engineering and math

2. I believe that you recently asked a variation of this question quite recently.

Yes, if the job requires a masters, it can be used for the master's cap ... for the October 2014 H 'season'.

No, this isn't a STEM degree ... no matter how much Technology and Mathematics you may use in the administration of a business.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. The advanced degree quota aside, I'd like to point out that it is often very hard to qualify for an H-1b with a business administration degree or even an MBA, since an MBA is considered a general business degree and is not a "profession" for H-1B purposes..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Unfortunately the quota is up for all H-1B for this year.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.