MBA

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, DE

I have pursued my MBA from University of Delaware. If I receive a job offer which requires Masters , Can i apply for advanced degree H-1 quota ?

Does advanced quota and STEM mean same ?

I am planning for April 2014. If I have done MBA, can i apply for advanced degree quota ?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . The H1B masters cap has been reached. You can apply again on April 1 2014. Stem is the name provided to degrees in science technology engineering and math

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I believe that you recently asked a variation of this question quite recently.

Yes, if the job requires a masters, it can be used for the master's cap ... for the October 2014 H 'season'.

No, this isn't a STEM degree ... no matter how much Technology and Mathematics you may use in the administration of a business.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . The advanced degree quota aside, I'd like to point out that it is often very hard to qualify for an H-1b with a business administration degree or even an MBA, since an MBA is considered a general business degree and is not a "profession" for H-1B purposes..

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . Unfortunately the quota is up for all H-1B for this year.