May I travel to the Bahamas in February under single entry F1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jonesboro, AR

I am an Iranian Citizen holding a Single entry visa (F-1) in the US. I was wondering if I could travel to the Bahamas in Feb without needing to re apply for a visa.

Would I be able to travel to the Bahamas? Is the Bahamas considered under the US territory?

Thank you.

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

1

Answered . You have a single entry visa! I understand that the Bahamas are not all part of the U. S. This means that you may not be allowed to return to the U. S. Yet, there are very limited exceptions.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney before you decide what to do. More facts are needed.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Jennifer Eunyoung Sheldon

Answered . Yes, you do need a visa. Here is the link to the information you are seeking from their consulate:
    http://www.bahamasny.net/ApplicationFiles/visa_...

For general information only and does not establish attorney/client privilege
  3. Rehim Babaoglu

Answered . You can return to the USA without having to obtain a new F-1 visa.