May I travel to the Bahamas in February under single entry F1 visa?

Jonesboro, AR |

I am an Iranian Citizen holding a Single entry visa (F-1) in the US. I was wondering if I could travel to the Bahamas in Feb without needing to re apply for a visa.

Would I be able to travel to the Bahamas? Is the Bahamas considered under the US territory?

Thank you.

Yes, you do need a visa. Here is the link to the information you are seeking from their consulate:
http://www.bahamasny.net/ApplicationFiles/visa_requirements.pdf

For general information only and does not establish attorney/client privilege

You can return to the USA without having to obtain a new F-1 visa.

Thank you for your prompt reply. But I hold a Single Entry visa which means whenever I leave the US I need to obtain a new visa, even though my I-94 mentions that my stay is up to Dec 2015. Do you suggest I consult immigration officers before I take this chance?

You have a single entry visa! I understand that the Bahamas are not all part of the U. S. This means that you may not be allowed to return to the U. S. Yet, there are very limited exceptions.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney before you decide what to do. More facts are needed.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Let me clarify; The Bahamas are a sovereign nation as a commonwealth of the United Kingdom under Queen Elizabeth II. It is 'not' part of the United States.