May I sue my property manager defamation of character?

Asked 10 months ago - Englewood, CO

I had a run in with my new property mgr when my orig owner sold the prop & he let himself into my house/ I was taking the trash out. I was quite startled and I told him so. He then became my property manager. Ever since then I've had horrible neighbors
move in dwnstrs that harass me daily. I complain but no response. Now I'm being accused of over watering my garden which is attached to the house as a planter & flooding bsmnt apt. Owner has sent me a letter asking for my insurance info saying I'm responsible for the claim. I also rcvd a note from the nghbrs saying that I flooded their apt. Note: water damage happened with previous owner and is on completely different wall then my planter. Its a foundation or strucural issue. Nghbrs are retaliating. HELP.

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

3

Answered . You can sue anyone for any thing at any time. However, your defamation claim will not be successful. You have no damages.

Pro

3

Answered . Turn it over to your insurance company to resolve, and perhaps consider renting a different house.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . Give it and any notes you have on the previous tenants to your attorney.