May I ask You question about immigration,please?

Filed under: Immigration US visas

My asylum approved after 2 weeks of interview.When can I invite my parents to the USA to come and see me,I'm already missed them so so much.
Thank You

The grant of asylum does not give you any rights to bring your parents here (although it does make you spouse and children under 21 eligible). Basically, you will have to wait a year to apply for permanent residency and then after that status is granted another 5 years to apply for naturalization. Finally, when you are a US citizen you can petition for your parents to come as as permanent residents. That means it will probably be around 7 years from now because of processing delays.

However, you can get a Refugee Travel Document and travel to a 3rd country (DO NOT GO BACK TO THE COUNTRY FROM WHICH YOU WERE GRANTED ASYLUM BECAUSE THAT COULD RESULT IN YOUR ASYLUM STATUS BEING REVOKED.) Hopefully, your parents can meet you in that 3rd country. (Of course the obvious answer is that your parents could apply for tourist visas and come and visit you but somehow I dont think that is in the cards!).

I really hope that helps. As a father of 3 I'm sure that your parents miss you a lot as well. Good Luck!!!!

Ron Tasoff

Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
Encino, California 91436
(818) 788-8900

Your parents can apply for a tourist visa. Whether they receive it or not depends on many factors. You could also obtain a reentry permit and meet them in a third country.

Have them apply for a tourist visa so they can visit. They must have compelling reasons to return after the visit.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Recommended articles about Immigration