May he still file a declaration? Reply to a reply???

Asked over 1 year ago - Hanford, CA

Here's the summary:

I filed the Request for Order (to modify child custody and visitation)
I received his Responsive Declaration (10 business before court)
I filed a Reply to Responsive Declaration today (6 business days prior to court)

May he still file a rebuttal type declaration? If so, what is the time frame for this? Any other details regarding any type of response he may or may not submit is greatly appreciated.

I live out of state but will appear by phone (it has been authorized)
He will appear in court with his counsel

Thank you!

1. Martha Bronson

7

Best Answer

Answered . In accordance to statutory procedure, your reply is the last document to be filed in support of the motion, absent a court order. . If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know by checking the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

2. Elizabeth Jones

6

Answered . Even though yours is the last document filed your ex will be allowed to address any new assertions you made in the document while he is in court. The court wants to hear from both sides to make a fair and equitable decision.

3. Michelle Louise Blair

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with counsel above your reply should be the last document filed with the court but your ex will be able to address your reply in court. You may want to consult with an attorney since your ex has legal representation.

If you found this answer helpful/best answer, please the let attorney know by marking the appropriate box. Thank you.