May he still file a declaration? Reply to a reply???

Hanford, CA |

Here's the summary:

I filed the Request for Order (to modify child custody and visitation)
I received his Responsive Declaration (10 business before court)
I filed a Reply to Responsive Declaration today (6 business days prior to court)

May he still file a rebuttal type declaration? If so, what is the time frame for this? Any other details regarding any type of response he may or may not submit is greatly appreciated.

I live out of state but will appear by phone (it has been authorized)
He will appear in court with his counsel

Thank you!

In accordance to statutory procedure, your reply is the last document to be filed in support of the motion, absent a court order. . If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know by checking the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Even though yours is the last document filed your ex will be allowed to address any new assertions you made in the document while he is in court. The court wants to hear from both sides to make a fair and equitable decision.

3. I agree with counsel above your reply should be the last document filed with the court but your ex will be able to address your reply in court. You may want to consult with an attorney since your ex has legal representation.

If you found this answer helpful/best answer, please the let attorney know by marking the appropriate box. Thank you.

This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.