May he still file a declaration? Reply to a reply???

Asked over 1 year ago - Hanford, CA

Here's the summary:

I filed the Request for Order (to modify child custody and visitation)
I received his Responsive Declaration (10 business before court)
I filed a Reply to Responsive Declaration today (6 business days prior to court)

May he still file a rebuttal type declaration? If so, what is the time frame for this? Any other details regarding any type of response he may or may not submit is greatly appreciated.

I live out of state but will appear by phone (it has been authorized)
He will appear in court with his counsel

Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Martha Bronson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . In accordance to statutory procedure, your reply is the last document to be filed in support of the motion, absent a court order. . If you have found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know by checking the appropriate box below. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and best of luck to you.

    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is... more
  2. Elizabeth Jones

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Even though yours is the last document filed your ex will be allowed to address any new assertions you made in the document while he is in court. The court wants to hear from both sides to make a fair and equitable decision.

  3. Michelle Louise Blair


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with counsel above your reply should be the last document filed with the court but your ex will be able to address your reply in court. You may want to consult with an attorney since your ex has legal representation.

    If you found this answer helpful/best answer, please the let attorney know by marking the appropriate box. Thank you.

    This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice."... more

Related Topics

Visitation rights in child custody agreements

Child visitation refers to non-custodial parents' rights to visit their children. These rights are commonly detailed in a visitation plan.

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,879 answers this week

3,065 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,879 answers this week

3,065 attorneys answering