May a Conditional US permanent resident study abroad???

I have recently received my CONDITIONAL U.S. permanent residency card. I have been given the opportunity to study abroad through my university. I am aware that a US PERMANENT resident may study abroad but I needed to know if a US CONDITIONAL PERMANENT resident is allowed to also. And if so, what would be the maximum time permitted to studying abroad. Thank you!

1. Yes, but it would be wise to apply for a reentry permit and come back to the US during vacations, at least on a year.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Education law topics