May a conditional U.S. permanent resident study abroad.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I have recently received my CONDITIONAL (2 year) U.S. permanent residency. I have been given the opportunity to study abroad through my university. I am aware that a US PERMANENT resident may study abroad but I needed to know if a US CONDITIONAL PERMANENT resident is allowed to also. And if so, what would be the maximum time permitted to studying abroad. Thank you!

1. Answered . Yes, but:
    1) that will make it more difficult to remove the conditions on the card,
    2) that will delay naturalization
    3) that could potentially result in the loss of permanent residence.

2. Answered . Seek a re-entry permit before you depart if the stay is likely to be over a year.