Massage / Body Rub Without a License in CT ??

Hartford, CT |

Here in CT, a massage license is required. In a massage spa, in which 3 of the people have a license, is there any type of body work that a 4th employee could do that does not have a massage license ??

Possibly. So for example, I have seen instances where a cosmologist license is required to do hair and make-up but nails were not covered (this is not specific to CT of course). In that case, while everyone that did hair was required to have a license, those without one were able to do nails.

Keep I mind, of course, that in most situations everyone who is an owner must have a license if a license is required to perform those services offered.

Your question is very specific and I would suggest that you discuss with a lawyer in private and perhaps have them do some due diligence to avoid any possibly more expensive problems that can arise.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Frank
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Pursuant to Section 20-250(4), Connecticut General Statutes, no Connecticut license is required of individuals performing facials, pedicures, eyebrow arching, shampooing, manicures, or braiding.

There is no licensure or certification offered or required for nail technicians or estheticians in Connecticut.

Hope that helps.

Providing answers to questions on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is not possible to provide legal advice in the context of question and answers on the internet. The "answers" posted are solely for the purpose of providing general information about legal matters. Consult an attorney licensed to practice in your state or jurisdiction before taking any action. Be advised that what you post on AVVO is not confidential and in a civil law suit may be discoverable.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business