Massage / Body Rub Without a License in CT ??

Asked over 1 year ago - Hartford, CT

Here in CT, a massage license is required. In a massage spa, in which 3 of the people have a license, is there any type of body work that a 4th employee could do that does not have a massage license ??

1. Leslie Ann Silva

Answered . Pursuant to Section 20-250(4), Connecticut General Statutes, no Connecticut license is required of individuals performing facials, pedicures, eyebrow arching, shampooing, manicures, or braiding.

There is no licensure or certification offered or required for nail technicians or estheticians in Connecticut.

Hope that helps.

2. Frank A. Natoli

Pro

Answered . Possibly. So for example, I have seen instances where a cosmologist license is required to do hair and make-up but nails were not covered (this is not specific to CT of course). In that case, while everyone that did hair was required to have a license, those without one were able to do nails.

Keep I mind, of course, that in most situations everyone who is an owner must have a license if a license is required to perform those services offered.

Your question is very specific and I would suggest that you discuss with a lawyer in private and perhaps have them do some due diligence to avoid any possibly more expensive problems that can arise.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)