Massachusetts Judges the SJC has removed or reprimanded

Groton, MA |
Filed under: Professional ethics

Is there a site I can find of all the Massachusetts Judges the SJC has removed or reprimanded in the last 25 years or however long it goes back?

I would also like to find out why they were removed and the penalties involved.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

could not find a list of removed Judges on that site

Thomas J Callahan

Thomas J Callahan

The link provided is to the Commission on Judicial Conduct, which would know all who have been removed. Perhaps it is not public information, although I would assume it should be. Call them. I am going to guess that the list is fairly short. I can count on one hand with fingers left over the ones I am aware of in 28 years of practice.

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics