Massachusetts

Worcester, MA |
Filed under: Police misconduct

if you have arrest warrants out of lynn ma and grafton ma can worcester ma police officers come to your friends apartment that you are staying, force their way in, and arrest you when they have had no reason to run your name?

worcester massachusetts police department does this thing every wednesday called "warrant wednesday" where they find people living in worcester with warrants and go and pick them all up every single wednesday is this illegal?

1. I believe you will find that there was indeed.

2. A warrant is the authority given to cops to arrest you wherever you are, whatever you may be doing. So what the Worcester cops are doing is perfectly legal.

No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any information supplied here.

3. Any Mass. officer can arrest you based on a Mass. warrant.

Officers generally cannot "force their way in" to a private residence without a warrant, but it's not clear what really happened. Hire an attorney for help.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.