Marrying someone who owes child support.

Asked about 2 years ago - Grand Prairie, TX

If a woman marries a man that owes thousands and thousands in back child support, can the new wife's wages, earnings, savings or any of her money be attached in any way to her new husband's child support arrears?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Terresha Deneen Wile Stevens

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The woman is not financially responsible for her husbands child and her earnings cannot be considered. Any account that has the husbands name attached to it can be frozen and his tax returns will be seized.

    Disclaimer:The answer provided is for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as specific legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,780 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,780 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering