Marrying same person twice in two different countries and petition I-130 for spouse

Boston, MA |
Filed under: Immigration

I got married to this guy in pakistan (his country) and later after a month we came to London. we thought I should file petition I-130 for him while he is in London and get interveiwed in London. So we registered our marriage again in London (assuming this filing would need marriage registered in London.)
But now we have decided to submit our Pakistani marriage certificate with i-130 petition as we have enough evidence for that. does this London marriage affect our application/petition at any stage.

1. no, but you should disclose both.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. On the I-130, there is a space for the date and place of marriage. If there is not enough room on the form, you should include a supplemental page and disclose this information.

3. No, but please disclose both marriages.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.