Marry a Cuban and applying for a green card.

Asked about 3 years ago - Miami, FL

We did not pass the first interview and waiting for second interview.
If I don't show to the second interview is my case going to be denied by fraud or by not showing. Cause in the first interview the officer told us 3 times that he suspect that is a fraud marriage....which is not and we had every paper and evidence that we showed at the moment of the interview but he did not pass us. Now my husband gegins to be agressive again, not only with words but with acts...I am alone in this country and don't want to deal with him or his cuban family, he is the only son and the 3 sisters love him so much ...they are very nice with me because with me my husband begin to do things right but lately his behavior is changing and he dissapears for one or two days ...I suspect thata he is into drugs.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

Answered . If your husband is being abusive towards you then you may be eligible to file a claim under the Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA). Consult with an immigration attorney who can review your options with you.

2. Marianne Christine Bartko

Answered . I am very concerned that not attending the interview would result on deportation. I would suggest consulting further with an attorney because there are additional questions that would need to be addressed. As well if the date is approaching and you have not sought legal advise I would tell the immigration officer what is happening. That is better than not doing anything at all.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Most likely it would be denied because you did not show up. There is also a very high probability that the denial will result in your being placed in deportation proceedings.

You should retain an experienced immigration attorney to review your case and advise you.