Married with u.s citizen in 2010 I got my green card for two years ( conditional) it is already expire

Everett, MA |

Hi there I got married with u.s citizen in 2010 I got my green card for two years ( conditional) it is already expire I m on extension we have child together ( my son) I m paying child support is it help me to get my green card for 10 years is I m eligible ???

Have you applied to remove the conditions? Seems like you have since you state that you are on an "extension". They are taking a long time to process right now. Its a bit more complicated of a process than most people think so consider talking to an attorney to see if you need some help with the application. Good Luck.

Framingham Immigration Attorney
www.gagarinlaw.com
Boston Appointments Available Upon Request
508 455 4241

We filled together in feb there after she left me my fingerprints are done in march I got extension

I m still eligible for green card????

Kira Gagarin

Kira Gagarin

Probably. This is the second to last step in your immigration process. Hire an attorney to do it right. Best, Kira.

Are you separated or divorced? Pleased see an attorney to discuss your options.

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.

As explained to you by USCIS at the conclusion of your I-485 interview, you had to file Form I-751 for the removal of the conditions on your residence 3 months PRIOR to the expiration of your green card.

If you have not already done so, prior to letting it expire, USCIS will only accept your I-751 filing upon the showing of "extraordinary circumstances" which prevented you from filing. If you don't or don't file, you will be placed in removal proceedings.

You must be divorced to be able to file on your own and be able to invoke the "good faith" exception to the joint filing requirement.

I urge you to schedule a consultation appointment with an immigration lawyer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Asker Posted 30 minutes ago. We filled together in feb there after she left me my fingerprints are done in march I got extension

I m still eligible for green card????

Marriage and prenups topics