Married with u.s citizen in 2010 I got my green card for two years ( conditional) it is already expire

Asked over 1 year ago - Everett, MA

Hi there I got married with u.s citizen in 2010 I got my green card for two years ( conditional) it is already expire I m on extension we have child together ( my son) I m paying child support is it help me to get my green card for 10 years is I m eligible ???

1. Kira Gagarin

3

1

Answered . Have you applied to remove the conditions? Seems like you have since you state that you are on an "extension". They are taking a long time to process right now. Its a bit more complicated of a process than most people think so consider talking to an attorney to see if you need some help with the application. Good Luck.

Framingham Immigration Attorney
    www.gagarinlaw.com
    Boston Appointments Available Upon Request
    508 455 4241

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . As explained to you by USCIS at the conclusion of your I-485 interview, you had to file Form I-751 for the removal of the conditions on your residence 3 months PRIOR to the expiration of your green card.

If you have not already done so, prior to letting it expire, USCIS will only accept your I-751 filing upon the showing of "extraordinary circumstances" which prevented you from filing. If you don't or don't file, you will be placed in removal proceedings.

You must be divorced to be able to file on your own and be able to invoke the "good faith" exception to the joint filing requirement.

I urge you to schedule a consultation appointment with an immigration lawyer.

3. Robert Winford Carpenter

1

Answered . Are you separated or divorced? Pleased see an attorney to discuss your options.

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.