Married to USC wife and she is pregnant with Her X, she applied for my Green card (in process) do i stil get GC?

Asked 6 months ago - Austin, TX

At the time of marriage, she did not tell me that she were pregnant with X. She told me that that's my child, we had an argument and then she tells me that child is not mine. She still lives with me. what gonna happen next. does it still considered bona fida?

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

1

Answered . You should be upfront and explain it will be your stepchild but not your child. You can still show a bona fide marriage with lots of other things.

2. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

Pro

2

1

Answered . You should be fine as long as the marriage was bona fide at the time of marriage. Hopefully you can work on your relationship and maintain the marriage. You should consult an attorney for a more comprehensive evaluation of your case.

3. Francisco Javier Alvillar

Pro

Answered . I would only add that I think that you need to be completely honest at the time of the interview. Many USCIS offices will be hard on any applicant that they feel is not being completely honest. Meaning if there's even a question as to whether or not the an answer you give is the truth, immigration will not give you the benefit of the doubt. My guess is that you and your wife will get questions regarding the child and should be prepared to answer them. You should consider hiring an attorney to prep you and go with you to the interview.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . Yes, provided you married is bona fide, as to the parentage of the child, if one lives in a marital relationship the presumption the child is of both parents unless proven otherwise by the DNA test, which does not seem to be the case here.