Married to US citizen, I'm a DACA holder now. He wil be requesting me soon. Do I need to apply for Adjustment status?

Asked over 1 year ago - Blue Springs, MO

I entered the US without inspection, was granted DACA I have ss and employment authorization card. Don't wanna leave the country due that we have mortgage and son together. Do I need to fill out I-130 and I-485 and also I-601A now that it has passed? or just I-130 and I-601A and then I-485?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . DACA doesn't give you the ability to adjust status ... you MUST leave the US to get your visa. But, with an attorney, you can minimize the amount of time you are out.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . You will not eligible to seek adjustment of status.

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

5

Answered . I agree that DACA does not prove an immigration status so you cannot adjust in the U.S. But, if you, a family member or an employer filed an I-130, I-140, I-526 or labor certification on or before April 30, 2001 you might be able to pay a fine and adjust in the U.S.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . Based on the facts you posted, you do not apply for adjustment UNLESS you are section 245i eligible. otherwise you will consular process with an I601a waiver