Married to abusive man mental and physical how do i protect me and kids

Asked 9 months ago - Lancaster, TX

we only been married since March 2, 2013. he took the money card with her ssi money. The police said that he can still take our daughter which we have two together but he only claim one. his name is not on the birth certificate for the one he tries to take. im scared to take her to school and if her dad will not do something stupid. The divorce is in process thru legal aid. help

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Leslie Starr Barrows


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to talk to your attorney at legal aid.

    Good Luck! Leslie Barrows, The Barrows Firm, P.C. looks forward to protecting your rights! We have offices in... more
  2. Rashelle Fetty

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should ask the legal aid attorney about getting a protective order for your and the kids. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,811 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,811 answers this week

3,134 attorneys answering