Married name or maiden name on USCIS docs.?

We recently got married and I am confused about what name to use on my uscis AOS documents. All my legal documents say my maiden name..and the marriage certificate doesnt really show a name change.its says my maiden name in the section brides name..so can i use my husbands last name in my docs and attach a marriage certificate as proof of name change or i have to use my maiden name

West Orange, NJ -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Look at the COM. Which name you chose there. This is your legal name. This is the name you HAVE to use.

Eric M. Mark

Eric M. Mark

Immigration Attorney - Newark, NJ

YOu can change your name with your marriage certificate. Just be careful that you get everything correct and consistent or you will have trouble in the future with social security, motor vehicles, and travel. The adjustment process is more difficult than most people realize and you'd be doing yourself a favor to consult with a lawyer.

Jorge Luis Delgado

Jorge Luis Delgado

Immigration Attorney - Hollywood, FL

If you want to start using you husband's last name, go ahead and do it.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The name you want on the card.