Married name or maiden name on USCIS docs.?

West Orange, NJ |

We recently got married and I am confused about what name to use on my uscis AOS documents.
All my legal documents say my maiden name..and the marriage certificate doesnt really show a name change.its says my maiden name in the section brides name..so can i use my husbands last name in my docs and attach a marriage certificate as proof of name change or i have to use my maiden name

YOu can change your name with your marriage certificate. Just be careful that you get everything correct and consistent or you will have trouble in the future with social security, motor vehicles, and travel. The adjustment process is more difficult than most people realize and you'd be doing yourself a favor to consult with a lawyer.

Look at the COM. Which name you chose there. This is your legal name. This is the name you HAVE to use.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If you want to start using you husband's last name, go ahead and do it.

The name you want on the card.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.