Married in hi reside in nv 12 yrs seperated 7 hus back in mexico how can i finally get this divorce dont know where he is ?

Las Vegas, NV |

he was in jail last 8 yrs he was supposed to help me get this divorce over and done with however they deported him so now no contact i just want to get this over and done with how can i start this .

This isn't really an immigration matter. But I am also licensed in Nevada and can give legal advice on family law, too. You can serve him by publication and enter a default judgment against him if he cannot be served. It will take a few months to do and be more expensive than a joint petition or uncontested divorce where he would sign the papers, but it can be done.

2. Get a family law attorney, They know that the requirements are for service him with papers.

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

3. Yep, family attorney is necessary. You can file for divorce where you live and have him served where he is. Could be a little tricky because it's international. If he doesn't respond or appear (which he can't do because of physical limitations), you'll probably be able to take a default order against him.

Again, talk to a family law attorney who has experience with international matters.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Please visit our website at www.tunitskylaw.com. For questions or to schedule a consultation, please call 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.