Married foa almost a decade. Am not on the deed of house. Am constantly abused and to D to pack my stuff and leave.

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

Can he just thrown me out of the house that I kept for all of those years , working for him as a maid? What ar my basic rights. For fear, never filed a report of domestic violence. But have pictures of injuries, and pictures of damages to the house he cause in his rages when i try to get away during fights.

1. Jeffrey B. Lampert

Pro

6

1

Answered . You can not be tossed out. His name alone on the deed means nothing. You are married, it is the marital residence. Cops will not force you to leave. It would take a judge's order to get you out.

Then again, you must ask yourself why you insist on staying in the premises. There is no "abandonment" in Florida. You lose no rights to anything simply by moving out. It may be safer for you, mentally and physically, to leave.

Confer with an attorney in person to learn in-depth how you can protect your economic interests.

2. Natalie F Guerra-Valdes

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Your husband cannot kick you out of the house. It is the marital residence, meaning it belongs to both of you, regardless of the fact that he's the only one on the deed. If you fear for your safety, you may want to file for a domestic violence injunction and have the court enter an order to keep him away from you. You may also want to move out of the house temporarily while everything is sorted out.