Married,and pregnant with someone elses baby

Asked over 6 years ago - Spokane, WA

Im married and haven't lived with my husband for 4 years and now I'm pregnant with someone elses baby,my ex knows,but I dont know what to do about any laws regarding the birth certificate or anything else involved in having the baby.I dont want my ex to be responsible for this baby,and the father wants to be named as the father,what can I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Dave Hawkins


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Under the law, if you are currently married , the husband is presumed to be the Fathee of the chil, even though u maynot be living together. The only way to change that result is to file a Peitition for paternity and to serve it on the biological father. Once blood tests are done and it is proven who the Father is, the Father will be obliged to support the child financially.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,915 answers this week

2,771 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,915 answers this week

2,771 attorneys answering