Married a citizen, adjusted status, granted conditional green card. went through divorce, want to remarry, can I sponsor?

Flushing, NY |

Hello, I married a citizen and through adjustment of status i485 recieved y green card about a month ago but now I'm going through uncontested divorce. It will be finalized in 90 some days. Rightafter, I would like to marry a friend of mine who is here on a student visa. Can I sponsor her eventhough I just recieved my green card and it's conditional?

I suggest you take the time to consult with an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible to understand your case and your future. Many of the issues that need to be discussed are not appropriate for this forum. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Essentially I agree with my colleague. At this point, you need to worry about your green card as it will expire in 2 years and you have to apply for a permanent one.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

No you can not sponsor a new spouse ... that is one of your 'conditions'.

Meet with an immigration lawyer to make sure that you aren't accused of fraud with your first marriage.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

YES but you need to get the conditions removed on yours. You could do a VAWA petition I-360 (works for men too) if show unusual cruel inhumane treatment. Need to talk to a lawyer right away.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Marriage and prenups topics