Marriage to illegal immigrant in Florida

Asked almost 4 years ago - Pensacola, FL

My fiance is an illegal immigrant from Mexico (entered without inspection). We currently live in Texas but would like to have our wedding ceremony in Florida. I am just curious as to whether or not we are going to have difficulties obtaining a marriage license in Florida with his current status. I have already obtained information on the steps we will need to take to change his status after we are married, and I realize that marriage will not make him legal in the US. I am just unfamiliar with how strict Florida is on the requirements for a marraige license (SSN #, DL, Birth certificate, etc.) He has a valid Mexican ID but nothing else.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrea W. Kelly

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should contact the bureau of vital statistics in the county in Florida where you plan to marry. They will tell you the documentary requirements for a marriage license in that county. Good Luck, and let me know if I can be of assistance with your husband's green card process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,835 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,835 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering