Marriage in another country

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I got acquinted with a guy in Turkey when I was in trip , this is second time I am in Turkey and I decide to marry him,
1.I need to know if I marry him and come back to USA to file for him to bring him here, how long does it take to bring him here?

2.I have heard as a fiance it takes 9 months and in three months you should marry, if I do that, how long after marriage in USA, he will get his permanent green card, one year or two year? as it takes one year to come here.

3. Should our marriage be acceptable in rules of his country or if we just marry in U.S. offices or embassy, is it acceptable?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Please see

2. Adriana Delpilar Rouselle

1

Answered . Under the principles of comity your marriage should be accepted in the United States, if you decide to wait and instead file for a fiance visa, once he arrives to the US you can marry within 90 days which would be the term of his visa. The process to adjust would take in the United States about 5 months to be finalize. The term of processing your fiance visa depends on the consular post some are 9 to 12 months. The help of an attorney during the process would be very helpful

3. Robert West

1

Answered . First, fiance visas are for people who intend to marry in the US. 9-11 months is average these days.

Second, marriage takes about 12 months as long as there are no problems. Permanent greencard may not come for a few years since initially most people are receiving a conditional card if the marriage is less than two years at the time of approval. You go speak with a good immigration lawyer to discuss the options in further depth.

Robert West