Marriage greencard or religious asylum ( i need to add some more words)

Louisville, KY |

Im from a muslim country ,came to US as a student, converted to christianity and my family stopped supporting me ,and wanting me to go back to the native country in middle east, As you may know there is a death sentence by goverment in Islamic countries, also i am now living with my girl friend ,and want to get married after she finishes her bankruptcy( which she hasnt started the process yet) , so i can file for asylum or wait for marriage , but i dont know which one is the better option for me ,please help
I need to add ,that i dont have money for attorney
i couldnt go to school ,cause my family stopped supporting me ,
I dont even have a cell phone ,i just live with my girlfriend ,and we really want to marry ,but she said after her bankruptcy

we want to marry anyway ,even if i would apply for asylum , we want to live together

Sounds that both paths are credible. Speak with a pro bono organization in your area. I don't think they will do the marriage case but if your asylum claim is strong and compelling, many pro bono organizations will take the case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. You can see my answer on your previous post.

3. If you need a pro bono attorney in your area you can search for one. Here is a resource from the American Bar Association:
    http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/probono/directory/kentucky.html

Also try Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services,
    http://www.citizenshipworks.org/legalhelp/organization.392918-Catholic_Charities_of_Louisville_Inc_Immigration_Legal_Services

Be sure that anyone you speak to has done immigration and understands family based petitions.
    Finally some on Avvo provide low cost or free consultations.
    Best of luck

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

Marriage and prenups topics