Marriage greencard or religious asylum ( i need to add some more words)

Im from a muslim country ,came to US as a student, converted to christianity and my family stopped supporting me ,and wanting me to go back to the native country in middle east, As you may know there is a death sentence by goverment in Islamic countries, also i am now living with my girl friend ,and want to get married after she finishes her bankruptcy( which she hasnt started the process yet) , so i can file for asylum or wait for marriage , but i dont know which one is the better option for me ,please help I need to add ,that i dont have money for attorney i couldnt go to school ,cause my family stopped supporting me , I dont even have a cell phone ,i just live with my girlfriend ,and we really want to marry ,but she said after her bankruptcy

Louisville, KY -

Find Out More

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Sounds that both paths are credible. Speak with a pro bono organization in your area. I don't think they will do the marriage case but if your asylum claim is strong and compelling, many pro bono organizations will take the case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

You can see my answer on your previous post.

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

If you need a pro bono attorney in your area you can search for one. Here is a resource from the American Bar Association:
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/probo...

Also try Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services,
http://www.citizenshipworks.org/legalhelp/organ...

Be sure that anyone you speak to has done immigration and understands family based petitions.
Finally some on Avvo provide low cost or free consultations.
Best of luck