Marriage green card...

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Applying for green card after marrying a U.S.C.

Do i have to fulfill all the conditions in order to get the green card....

1.Enter the country legally.

2.Always maintained my status

3.Be Admissible

4.Never worked without authorization.

Is there any relaxation being the spouse of a u.s.c?

1. Christian Schmidt

4

Answered . 1. yes
    2. not necessarily;
    3. yes
    4. not necessarily
    You should consult with an attorney if you are not sure how to go about application,

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

2

Answered . You should really consult with competent immigration counsel to help you navigate through these potential pitfalls and complicated application which if done incorrectly will cause you to loose all your fees or worse you'll end up in deportation proceedings. At a minimum do a consult to flash out all the issues. Good luck. 1. Depends, but mostly yes. 2. No; 3. Mostly yes but there are nuances and exceptions; 4. No, but if you used falsified documents or falsely claimed to be a US citizen on your I-9 with your employer that there are no waivers for the false claim to US citizenship; There are some relaxations for being a spouse of a USC therefore you should consult competent immigration counsel.

3. Alice Antonovsky

3

Answered . Generally, you need to have entered the country legally and be otherwise admissible in order to apply for green card through marriage. However, there are a lot of nuances that go along with each application and I strongly urge you to retain an experienced immigration attorney who can assist you. Good Luck.

4. Rebecca T White

3

Answered . There are many specific and detailed situations where the above may not be required for a spouse of a US citizen to still adjust, but you will be best served by a direct consultation to determine what your best options will be. If I can be of further help please let me know.

5. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . No, certainly not. Immigration Law is considerate to spouse of U.S. citizens. But the process changes depeding upon each different situation and then there are exceptions to the rules and ways to fillow along. Best Wishes!

Lalita Haran
    13295 Illinois st ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

6. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . 1. True.
    2. Not true.
    3. True.
    4. Not true.
    Yes.