Skip to main content

Marriage fraud turned into love

New York, NY |

i married to this woman so she can get the green card later it turned into mutual love ,
but we never lived together later she got temp resident allien card 4 months later I dropped my pettion for her and i admitted to CIS it was a marriage fraud and gave them very strong proof text msgs and e mails etc,mean while she tried to get a restraing order but she lost it in a month i am getting divorce degree and marrieg is less than 2 years ! i also pushed for marriege fraud investigators to come after us they are yet to investigate! what happens to her and me now?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Simple answer - deportation/removal and criminal charges.

    You need to consult with a criminal attorney and have one ready if and when you are charged for your part in the fraud.

    It is a little unclear why if you state that it turned into "mutual love" you never resided with her and established a true marriage. But these are things you are going to have to discuss with your attorney.

    Good luck.

  2. I agree with Mr. Taylor.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible

  4. Marriage fraud is a federal crime taken very seriously by both ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and the U.S. Attorney's Office (Federal prosecutors). The U.S. Attorney's Office can go after both the non-U.S. Citizen and the U.S. Citizen. Marriage fraud can also have serious immigration consequences for the non-U.S. Citizen. Before talking to any law enforcement, immigration enforcement agents , or other government agents, you should consult with an attorney who practices both criminal and immigration law.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics