Skip to main content

Marriage financial responsibility

Niles, IL |

If I get married to someone with bad credit and who defaulted on college loans and owes back child support, what could I be responsible for financially?

Attorney Answers 1


None of this someone's past debts unless you sign papers guaranteeing to pay them.

M.E. Hendrickson, Esq.
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Mark as helpful

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics